Today is the Viva Las Vegastamps! Mary Vogel Lozinak link up and I’m happy to be participating!
Be sure to go through the Linky and visit the blogs for lots of fun. And each Design Team member for VLVS! will have $10 to give away to one lucky commenter on their blog, as well as ANOTHER $25 to one lucky commenter on the VLVS! Blog! So, check out the posts, comment and get chances to win!
Here are the steps I followed to make this card:
- Stamp the Sun Background using black dye ink on white cardstock.
- Color in the areas you want to highlight with Copic markers. Trim tightly to the image.
- Stamp the Sun Background using black Staz On ink on a piece of acetate.
- Create a background on the underside of the acetate using alcohol inks. It’s important you create the background on the back because the alcohol inks are solvent based and would react with the Staz On ink. Trim tightly to the image.
- Create a mat using alcohol inks in complimentary colors. Trim to be slightly larger than the Sun Background.
- Cut, score and fold an A2 card using pearl cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment, ”Don’t let anyone ever dull your sparkle“, on the card front with embossing ink. Heat emboss with black fine embossing powder.
- Adhere the acetate image to the background using Sakura Crystal Lacquer.
- Mount the combined image on the background and attach the entire piece to the pearl card with Miracle Tape.
- Add Swirls Finesse black rhinestones from Want2Scrap for a finishing touch. Want2Scrap bling is an easy way to polish every project!
Have a safe, fun and happy Memorial weekend!