Anything but red, white, pink and hearts. That was the motivation for this card, designed as one of 6 make-n-takes we’re doing for an event this month.
Most of the other projects we created used a traditional Valentine’s Day palette, filled with swirls and hearts and flourishes. So, it was time for a change. Pink and chocolate brown go so well together in candy, it’s only natural they would also be a great color combination for a holiday that revolves around sweets.
- Brown card st0ck (Bazzill) for the background
- Pink card stock (Bazzill) for the foreground
- Green card stock (Bazzill) for the leaves
- Copper ink
- Owl stamps (small owl is from “Who Loves You” SC0191 from Hampton Art, large owl is from “Gem Stone Birds” #98849 from Inkadinkadoo)
- “Hoo Hoo Hoo Who loves you(“Who Loves You” SC0191 from Hampton Art)
- Embellishments (e.g., copper gemstones, rouge paper flower, etc.)
- Create branch
- Punch small leaves
- Cut front foreground piece to size and tear right edge
- Cut inside foreground piece to size
- Adhere foreground pieces to front and inside of card
- Adhere branch and leaves to front of card
- Stamp owl and phrases