Homemade cookies packed with love in a handmade box makes the perfect gift! This little box measures about 2½” x 3″ x 6″ and has a fold over lid. It fits about 10 small cookies.
These Amaretto Apricot Chews cookies are soft and chewy and have a wonderful almond flavor. The icing is made with Amaretto and confectioners sugar so it has a bit of an adult kick. The cookies are really easy to make and the recipe makes about 80 small cookies, so it’s perfect when you’re making lots of gifts.
It’s Blog Hop Time!
A bunch of your favorite designers getting together to bring you Christmas early! Visit all 10 posts for great ideas an inspiration.
Don’t Forget to Enter the Giveaway!
If seeing 10 great projects aren’t enough motivation to visit all the posts, we’ve got a giveaway for you, with a crafty prize valued at over $100! including the entire line of Rita Barakat diecuts/ephemera and fabulous paints and glitters from Plaid Crafts!
To enter to win you must visit and comment on each of the 10 posts listed above by Monday, Nov 19, 2018, Noon CST! As a bonus, stop by Plaid and like their Facebook page!
Rita Barakat will announce the winner live on Facebook Monday, Nov 19, 2018, 9:00 pm EST on her Mixed Media Monday show! You can find her at https://m.facebook.com/ritabarakat.1!
Holiday Cookie Box & Amaretto Apricot Chews Cookie Recipe
Supplies & Tools
- 12″x12″ sheet of cardstock
- Scoring tools, like a Scor-Pal or a ruler and bone folder
- Double-sided adhesive tape, like Scor-Tape
- Double-sided adhesive paper, like Scor-Tape Sheets
- Pop-dots or adhesive foam squares
- Gift tag
- Magical Mysteries Mermaid Fin Embossing Powder
- Tool to cut the Scor-Tape Sheets, such as the Brother ScanNCut or the etchall® Swivel Knife
- Pick tool, like the etchall® Detail Pick Tool
- Heat gun
- Scratch paper (e.g. printer paper) to back the double-sided adhesive paper and to reclaim excess embossing powder
- Cookies! The Amaretto Apricot Chews Cookies below taste great!
Blog Hop List – Comment on All 10 Blog Posts to Enter to Win!
You’re at stop #4 on this Blog Hop! Here’s a list of all 10 participants. To enter the giveaway, be sure you have made a comment on each post in the list by Monday, Nov 19, 2018, Noon CST. As a bonus, stop by Plaid and like their Facebook page!
One lucky winner will be announced Monday, November 19, 2018 at at https://m.facebook.com/ritabarakat.1. The prize is valued over $100, so you want to be sure to enter.
- Rita Barakat
- Eileen Hull
- Betz Golden
- Joe Rotella (you’re here!)
- Yolie Burke
- Midge and Madge
- Susan Hiles
- Carolina Moore
- Michelle Wells
- Candy Rosenberg