Homemade herb vinegar in a clip top bottle with a cute tag and a chalkboard label makes a beautiful kitchen decor item or a great gift!
This step-by-step tutorial shows you how to use etchall® etching crème (a resuable etching crème) to create a label area on a clip top bottle. The etched area has tooth which takes Plaid FolkArt Chalkboard Paint really well! Surrounding the chalkboard area is a fine etched line for detail.
- Bottle. The sample was made using KORKEN bottle with stopper, clear glass, from IKEA (#402.279.83, $2.99)
- Alcohol wipe
- etchall® etching crème
- etchall® etchmask
- etchall® etchmask transfer sheets
- etchall® Detail Pick Tool
- etchall® Squeegee
- Plastic spoon
- Painter’s Tape
- Tool to cut the etchmask, such as the Brother ScanNCut or the etchall® Swivel Knife
- Paper towels
- Basin with water (or access to a sink and running water)
- Plaid FolkArt Chalkboard Paint
- Small paint brush (e.g., #8 Round)
- Herbs (e.g., Rosemary)
- Long skewer
- Gift tag
Follow these step by step instructions and check out the video tutorial. You can click the thumbnail pictures to see a larger picture.
Now you’ve got a wonderful container to hold that special herb vinegar (or oil) that you make for your kitchen or to give as a gift.