Make three 6″ x 4″ books, each with 16 pages and a decorative cover made of Japanese washi paper using the stab binding technique!
Each book has a different stab binding; 4 hole, Noble and Tortouise. Each book has different decorative papers.
- Six pieces of 7″ x 5″ decorative washi paper (2 each of 3 designs) for the covers
- Six pieces of 6″ x 4″ text weight paper for the end papers
- Forty-eight pieces of 12″ x 4″ text weight paper for the pages
- Six pieces of bookcloth, pre-cut to the necessary “butterfly” shape to make the corners
- Linen thread for sewing the book blocks
- Decorative thread for sewing the books
- Illustrated instructions
- Decorative clear cellophane gift bag with twist tie (so you can give your finished book as a gift if you like!)
You need to supply:
- Paper glue, like Alene’s Super Tacky Glue
- An awl, hammer/nail or drill/rotary tool to make the holes for the binding
- Small bulldog clips
- Bone folder (optional)