Christmas Picture Frame

Christmas Picture Frame2017-12-27T11:23:07-05:00

Project Description

Robin's Nest logoI’m really getting into the Christmas spirit, so this project is one that I can use for many seasons to come. I started with this chipboard frame that I picked up from a $1 bin at one of our local stores.

Original Frame

I selected Robin’s Nest Red Sorbet Glitter cardstock to cover the frame because I love its shimmer and glitter. I cut the paper 9” x 7 ½” to allow plenty of border to turn under. I painted liquid adhesive on the front of the frame and put that face down on the reverse side of the 9” x 7 ½” piece of cardstock.

After letting that dry completely and working from the back side of the frame, I cut diagonal lines from one corner of the frame opening to the other. This made an X in the opening and I was able to fold the paper to the back side of the frame. I glued these in place, let the glue dry completely, and then, used a craft knife to cut away any excess. Next, I cut away the corners and folded the excess paper on the outer edges to the back side of the frame. Again, glue these in place and allow to dry.

Now the fun part—embellishing the frame! I used my BossKut Gazelle and remaining pieces of the Red Sorbet Glitter cardstock to cut the rolled roses. I added a dollup of gold glitter glue to the center of each flower. You can find the SVG file and a great tutorial for these quick and easy roses on the Paper, Scissors, Ink blog.

Roses-Close-up

The only tulle that I had on hand was a gorgeous shade of sea foam blue, but totally wrong for this project. So, I immersed it in LuminArte’s persimmon Radiant Rain and sprayed it with gold metallic Krylon until I achieved the color I wanted. The metal “Happy Holidays” tag got pounced with caramel and red pepper alcohol inks. I sewed the metal tag onto the tulle bow with a few stitches of invisible thread.

Inked Tag

The brass shapes and 3D reindeer complete the frame embellishments.

Finished Frame

Supplies: Robin’s Nest Red Sorbet Glitter cardstock; Aleene’s Quick Dry “Tacky” Glue; 12” tulle; assorted trinkets for embellishments

You can see more great projects on the Robin’s Nest blog. Check out the Robin’s Nest website to see all their great papers and embellishment.

Project Details

3 Comments

  1. Joe Rotella December 2, 2011 at 4:50 am - Reply

    Love it!! And what a beautiful grand daughter!

  2. Terri Sproul December 2, 2011 at 8:02 am - Reply

    what a beautiful frame you made. thanks for your submission to be on the Robins nest DT.

  3. Amy Day December 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm - Reply

    Just beautiful! And perfect way to display a beautiful little girl! These would make gorgeous and economical Christmas gifts. Thanks for the idea!

Leave A Comment