Welcome to Sakura Crystal Lacquer’s Blog Hop!! You have arrived from Heather’s blog.
First off, I need to credit Joe Rotella, Founder and Creative Director of Create & Craft, with this idea. He’s been creating some outstanding projects using aluminum tape. The shapes I used are from SVG Cuts’ Peony Cottage SVG Kit.
The supplies I used included: Sakura 3D Colored Lacquer, aluminum tape, aluminum container, cardstock, SVG files, stylus, squeegie, tape runner, teflon mat and a soft cloth. You can find the aluminum tape in the heating and air conditioning department of any big box home improvement store.
The first step was to cut the shapes on my BossKut Gazelle using Sure Cuts A Lot 3. I used scrap cardstock because it’s going to be covered. Next, I lightly tacked the shapes to the top of the container with tape runner adhesive. They just need to be adhered enough that they don’t move around. Then, I covered the top and sides of the container top with three strips of aluminum tape, slightly overlapping each strip.
Here a some key learnings I discovered working with aluminum tape:
1. The edges can be sharp; use caution.
2. The adhesive could hold the space shuttle together. Once it is in place, there’s no moving it.
3. If the tape rolls back on itself, pitch it. There’s no way to salvage it.
4. Fingernails will leave marks in the tape.
5. Always use a soft cloth or something smooth to burnish the tape.
6. It’s hard to photograph since it’s so shiny.
We’re giving away great blog candy—Crystal Lacquer and Glitter Pastel Lacquer Set with six colors. It’s easy to enter to win the blog candy. Just comment on each blog—we love to hear what you think—and become a follower of each blog. Next stop on the hop is Carol Bern’s blog, so hop on over. If you get lost, you can always find your way from the Sakura blog.