Cuts Styrofoam and thermoplastic materials fast! Ideal for architects, designers, decorators, artists and teachers. For building architectural models, prototypes as well as classic model railroad, plane and boat items.
PROXXON Hotwire Cutter THERMOCUT 115/E
- The large table with 15 11/32″ x 11″ (390 x 280mm) ensures smooth and easy movement of the work piece.
- The printed grid and protractor assist with division and cutting.
- The solid aluminum overarm has a 13 3/4″ (350mm) throat and offers 5 1/2″ (140mm) in height.
- The holder and wire coil (one spool of wire 98ft., 0.008″ diameter is included) may be shifted and adjusted along the overarm to enable miter cutting.
- An LED indicates operation and thus reminds you not to touch the hot wire to prevent burnt fingers (the wire heats to maximum in less than 1 second).
|Cutting wire temperature||210 – 390 °F (100 – 200 °C)|
|Transformer secondary max.||10V at 1.0A|
|Volts||110 – 120V AC, 60 Hz|
|Weight||6.6 lb (3kg)|
Note: The temperature setting depends on the material being cut (type and thickness). There is a guide on the side of the cutter, but experience will help you determine what setting to use.
Tip: Cut profiles at lower temperature while applying less cutting force.